Payments & Klarna
What payment methods do you accept?
We offer multiple payment options, so the choice is yours:
1. Debit or Credit Card
3. Klarna (Pay Later & Slice in 3)
4. Gift Cards
We also offer 3 accelerated checkout options:
1. Apple Pay
2. Google Pay
3. Shop Pay
What debit/credit cards do you accept?
Our third-party payment’s provider accepts the following debit/credit cards:
Is it safe to purchase with a debit/credit card at kandid.com?
We take your security very seriously, therefore your details are safe with us. We also take fraud very seriously too, so all credit and debit card holders are subject to validation and authorisation by both our third-party payment’s provider and the card issuer.
How will the transaction appear on my statement?
The transaction will appear on your statement as: SP*KANDID.COM
Can I pay in instalments?
We offer pay later and payment instalment options through Klarna (see below).
What is pay later?
Buy it. Love it. Pay for it.
- 30 days to pay with no interest or fees for the service – ever
- Order your goods before paying
- Simple, safe and secure
Shop with just a few clicks!
- Select ‘Pay Later’ at the checkout
- Enter a few personal details – name, email, postcode and DOB. No card information required!
- Complete the purchase and your items will be shipped
- Receive payment instructions from Klarna via email
- Enjoy your goods and pay when you’re ready!
What is slice it in 3?
Pay over time.
- Spread the cost of your purchase into equal monthly payments without paying interest.
- No complex forms during the Klarna Account application – only 4 steps!
- Credit decision made in real-time.
- Once approved, you will start a Klarna Account and make payments monthly. You must be 18 years of age to use Slice it in 3.
- You can also use this Account to finance future purchases up to your credit limit.
- No passwords to remember. You will be emailed monthly statements.
- You can choose at any time to start paying the minimum monthly payment instead with interest.
- You’re in control. Better management of your finances to spend how and when you want.
- Don’t forget to pay. If you miss monthly payments, promotional interest rates are cancelled and you will be required to pay interest on repayments. Representative 18.9% APR (variable).
How does it work?
- Add items to you basket and go to the checkout.
- Select ‘Slice it with Klarna’ and choose your promotional plan to start the online application process.
- Provide information about your financial circumstances and carefully read the pre-contract and information documents.
- Read the Klarna Account Agreement and click “sign” to confirm that you want to apply. The credit decision will be made instantly.
- If you are approved, Klarna sends you a confirmation by email and sends the Klarna Account agreement by post. Confirmation and monthly statements with payment instructions are sent by email.
- It’s easy to use again – once you’ve been approved you can order in the future with just one click.
Representative (Variable) 18.9% APR
Purchase Interest Rate 18.9% P.A.
Assumed Credit Limit £1,200
How do I get in touch with Klarna?Shopping with Klarna
You can review your latest buys and settle your monthly statement at any time by logging in at www.klarna.com or by downloading the Klarna app. If you need further assistance you can contact our customer care team for free, or use our online chat service.
Peace of mind with Klarna’s Buyer Protection
You only pay for goods you receive. If you don’t receive what you ordered, call our customer services and we’ll help resolve the issue.
Manage your Klarna Account
You can review your latest buys and settle your monthly statement at any time by accessing your Klarna account at www.klarna.com. If you need further assistance you can contact our customer care team for free, or use our online chat service.
Freephone number: 0808 1893 333
Who are Klarna?
Klarna is Europe’s leading alternative payments provider and a newly-licensed bank, which wants to revolutionise the payment experience for shoppers and merchants alike. Founded in Stockholm, Sweden, in 2005, the fintech unicorn gives online consumers the option to pay now, pay later or over time – offering a trusted, frictionless and smooth checkout experience.
With Klarna, customers only need to provide top-of-mind information to complete a purchase. At the core of Klarna’s services is Pay later, which lets you check out items in your own home before you pay.
Klarna now works with 100,000 merchants to offer payment solutions to shoppers across Europe and North America. Klarna has 2,000 employees and is active in 14 countries.
VAT, Duty & Currency
Do you charge VAT?
We charge VAT to customers ordering from the United Kingdom and countries in the European Union. The tax rate is calculated based on the customer delivery address supplied during the checkout process.
All prices displayed on Kandid.com include VAT at the prevailing rate. The order confirmation email will include a VAT breakdown.
We do not charge VAT to customers ordering from countries outside the UK or EU.
I've been asked to pay duty - what is this?
Any duty charges will be charged once your parcel arrives in the destination country. If you’re requested to pay duty charges, you’ll be notified with information on how to pay. Kandid has no control over these charges and we can’t tell you what the cost would be, as the duty calculation is handled by our courier.
We cannot predict what these charges will be so we’d recommend contacting your local customs office for the latest charges before ordering.
In the event that you don’t agree with duty charges presented to you, please contact the courier. Kandid is not able to pay these charges for you or refund any of these charges.
What currencies can I use to place an order?
You can pay using various currencies depending on the country you’re shopping from. Use the drop down in the footer bar on all of our pages to change the country you are shopping from.
If you do not do this, you may be charged additional fees by your bank or credit card issuer.
For example, if you live in Germany – change the currency to the Euro. The prices on our website will update to reflect that in EUR. If you proceed with the UK flag whilst shopping in Germany, you will be charged in GBP and your bank/credit card issuer will process this as an international payment.